Sunday, June 27, 2010

Did I Do That???


I found this sweet little doll in my daughter's room. I thought...what a cute little doll! She did a wonderful job making it! When I commented on it to her she said..."Mooooom! YOU made that! Remember, when I was little?"..............I did? Hmmmmm. I might remember....maybe I did!

I make stuff all the time. I am always working on an order from my Etsy shop (YelliKelli), working on a local order, or working on a new design. I make stuff ALL THE TIME!! So much so that sometimes I don't even remember making it!

One time, way back in Elementary school days for my DD, I was walking up the walkway to a schoolwide party. I saw a woman with a triple (no less) stroller with three darling girls riding in it. As I got closer, I saw they were all wearing the most adorable little t-shirts with cute little cartoony faces on them. They were obviously handpainted...and I was stopped in my tracks!

WHO was doing handpainted kids clothes in my small town that were CUTER THAN MINE?????

I felt a mild panic set in.....I have been the "local designer" for so long that I was stunned at how cute these girls looked!

I walked even closer to them....and I noticed it....MY SIGNATURE!!! They Were MINE!!

I remembered that I had painted them for a friend's birthday party for her baby! (They must have been guests, she gave them out as favors) It was one of those "get it done and delivered, and on to the next order" deals when I was so busy at the time!

I had to laugh at my relief! (Am I really that insecure?) Too Funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment